A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, April 27, 2007

No television for me

Meadow was a sweet as sweet can be, she rode home from the sitters on the seat asleep. No climbing over my lab, no climbing on the steering wheel or trying to hang precariously out the window while driving down the street. I even picked up dinner and she sweetly lay on her bed while I ate my dinner. No jumping up on my legs trying to see what I was eating, no crazy rants with her rope/bone chew toy (note to dog owners do not buy one of these!). We went outside and did yard work and she followed me like the good little puppy I think she can be. We spent 90 minutes outside with no digging, no trying to escape the yard, no barking at the neighbor’s yappy dog and no attacking me while trying to pull weeds. You know the running jumping kind just to say she is happy to see me. Finally we came in the house and for the first time in a month I set down to watch television. Oh television, how I have missed you this past month!

Meadow sat on her bed content to let me have my moment with the television. Five minutes into relaxing in front of the tube I heard a queer noise. I couldn’t quite place it and I looked down at Meadow to find her throwing up more stuff than one 25 lb puppy should be able to contain. She threw up on her bed, she threw up on the floor and she threw up all over herself. I let out a little yelp and Meadow immediately took off, throw up and all across the floor. A mad dash followed and I grabbed her and into the bath tub she went, curiously she did not seem upset by the sudden expelling of her weight in the form of a massive mess on the floor. I was desperately trying to clean her with out getting myself too dirty, and she was not too fond of the bathtub. Then came the real challenge, did you know that dogs like to eat their on throw up? Crazy I know! So there I was cleaning up a gigantic mess and trying to not let Meadow make it bigger mess. The second I turned my back she was in it again! The game of cleaning her and the floor started, but finally I was able to get the situation under control. I think her dog bed will be washed out before it is worn out, and alas no television for me again.

6 Comments:

  • Oh no! I hope Meadow isn't sick.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 6:59 PM  

  • Aww! I hope your pup is feeling better. You going to take her to the vet? I, too,just discovered that my pups have a penchant for eating their puke. Lovely. Try not to pull your hair out too much my friend. *hugs*

    By Blogger Joy, at 9:23 PM  

  • Oh, I'm so sorry! Cleaning of the dog vomit is not fun. One of the hazards of dog ownership. And just as bad as eating the vomit? Those dogs who eat other unedible and truly disgusting stuff. We had one of those. She'd be in the back yard and we'd catch her eating the yuck and holler at her and then she'd wanna rush over and kiss you. So disgusting!!!!

    But then they do the cute stuff. Dogs.

    I hope you both have a better day today.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:43 AM  

  • Oh my!
    Dogs do icky things ... kinda like boys. But we love them anyway.
    I hope you've both recovered.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 8:25 PM  

  • Genius,

    Given that she puts everything in her mouth, just pick one of the million things that will make her stomach upset in the yard and she has found it.

    Joy,
    My sister Brittany is a vet so I have that part of my life covered.

    Izzybella,
    I did mention that she is cute when she is asleep right?

    Theresa,
    Recovered??? I had another adventure yesterday.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:52 AM  

  • I did know that dogs will eat their own vomit... DISGUSTING!

    Sorry you had to go thru that....Not fun!!

    Hope your weekend was vomit-free! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home