A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

For a brief moment there is peace

Update: Tuesday: 11 lbs to go, 150 crunches, 30 pushups, Ballet class, diet: way too much for dinner

I did not exercise this morning but Wednesday is my evening workout day. The whole dieting thing is hard for me. I am not even restricting myself all that much, just smaller portions and no junk food but I have only successfully dieted one day so far.

I love the burn, the soreness and the pain. I love pushing my body beyond the limits of what I think it can do and discovering a new threshold. Most of all I love that I think of no one and nothing else while I push myself to the limits and just for a brief moment I have peace. Soon after the push stops and the endorphins fade you come crashing in but you will not defeat me because there is a place without you. I have found a place where you can not hurt me, where my heart sores as the burden of you disappears and for a moment I am free.

3 Comments:

  • I love the burn too. I went to the gym for my first workout of the year on Tuesday... you know, that whole "hardcore" diet thing... and I did 60 crunches and 36 pushups.

    Yesterday my arms BURNED. And I loved it.

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 11:39 AM  

  • wish i could love the burn. i like the feeling i get when i stretch far in my yoga class. does that count?

    By Blogger soleil, at 8:18 PM  

  • Not for me, I hate to stretch.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home