A circle has too much symmetry

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Resolution

I don’t normally make New Year resolutions. I am not really a goal orientated person, go figure. However this year I am making a resolution. I want to be the weight I was pre marriage. According to my scale this morning that is 10.2 pounds I need to lose but to be fair I really think it is 12 pounds. Twelve little pounds does not sound like a whole lot does it? One would think I would be able to shed them in recorded time without even thinking about it, but I have struggled with these 12 pounds since they first appeared, right after I turned 25. Add to the struggle that I am the world’s worst dieter and a junk food junkie. I also have never stuck to an exercise program in my life.

The only redeeming factor in this whole struggle is that I play sports and a lot of them. If it wasn’t for the sports I would be the size of the good year blimp. Oh and I am fairly tall so with my clothes on you can’t tell that I need to lose 12 pounds. You never know there might be a day when I care what I look like naked; you never know it could happen.

Today is the start of working towards my goal. I have already stumbled eating 2 cookies that the really boring guy brought to work today. The current plan is 30 pushups, 300 crunches and 30 triceps presses a day, cardio 4 times a week and stretching 5 times a week. I absolutely hate to stretch but I really need it. The whole diet thing is going to be drinking less alcohol, eating healthy and less.

Today’s progress report: 10.2 pounds to go, 30 male pushups, 150 crunches and 10 triceps presses but the day is not over yet.

Final report: 30 minutes cardio, 3 alcoholic drinks and way too much for dinner.

6 Comments:

  • Ouch, you just hurt my back....and my drinking hand.
    You can do it.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 3:05 AM  

  • Thanks. I hope I can do it too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:50 PM  

  • good luck with your resolution!

    By Blogger soleil, at 11:12 PM  

  • Good luck! I know you can do it.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 2:09 PM  

  • Oh Jeez guys now I really have to do it, I wouldn't want to let you down.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:30 PM  

  • I never make resolutions.

    BUT! I am dieting and exercising hardcore right now in preparation for my cruise next month.

    Good luck with your resolution!

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home