A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, January 03, 2008

I have skills

I started ski lessons on Saturday. It is just something I do, I take classes. I love classes. I love learning anything and everything, hence the PhD. I also love to ski and exercise. I take ski lessons almost every year. It is a way to ski more and also to make sure my technique does not suffer. I did not know how I ski (seriously I can’t watch myself ski) and I have always thought I was an okay skier. I used to ski with DB who had a brief visit on the US ski team and I paled in comparison to his skiing and thus was never certain of my skills. Oh I can ski any terrain (not out of bounds), moguls, small cliffs and all groomed runs but I am not happy about some of the places DB took me.

Well sport’s fans I have SKILLS. I started my advanced class, mainly geared to racing and the instructor recruited me to be an instructor! Spin Doc will soon be a ski instructor; I start my certification next month.

I have to say it rocks! I feel like a pro. I have SKILLS.

5 Comments:

  • That's awesome, spin.

    My ex took me skiing once and I expected to really not like it very much, but I actually did. Don't know if plowing down the baby hill actually qualifies as "skiing" particularly when I'm being passed left and right by four year old pros, but I kept at it till I did it without falling down.

    Good for you. Take the ski instructor job and hook up with cute ski-he-bunny. Go you!

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 10:58 AM  

  • That's great. The only thing I liked about skiing was sitting in the lodge drinking.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 4:32 PM  

  • wow! that's freaking awesome! i am now jealous of your skillz. ;)

    By Blogger soleil, at 7:24 PM  

  • Izzybella,

    I am looking girlfriend! It is hard when you are bundled up.

    Rainwolf,

    Apres skiing is the best

    Jehara,

    A lady has to have something in her life..

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:32 PM  

  • Wow! You must be GOOD!

    I, myself, have never in my entire life been skiing. Not once.

    I know, I need to get out more.
    *sigh*

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home