A circle has too much symmetry

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Ornaments

Our first Christmas together, do you remember? I bought a cheesy ornament with the date on it; not paying attention to the colors or style. We could not afford the tree of my dreams. Each year I would add a few ornaments and a few more pieces of garland; each piece carefully selected to flow with the entire ensemble. It took years but I was finally able to decorate the tree, as long as we put it in a corner (We did not have enough ornaments or money to decorate the whole thing). I recall the first year we could decorate the whole thing; it took almost ten years and a lot of time, money and effort but I finally had the tree of my dreams. It was exquisite too, but our cheesy first Christmas ornament no longer fit. It was blue and as you know my tree is burgundy and gold. I still put it on the tree for sentimental value, but lower and in the back where it would not catch the eye.




I put it up again this year, in the back where it would not catch the eye, but whose eyes am I hiding it from now? It is just me now and I know it is there but I can't not put it up, for sentimental reasons....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home