A circle has too much symmetry

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Bad Day

My yesterday was traumatizing. My “good girl” Willow had surgery; she had an abscessed tooth. It started last week when her face swelled up to the size of a softball. I knew she had to be in a lot of pain with that much swelling but not one single cry escaped her lips. I took her to the local vet and long and short of it was he did not feel comfortable taking the tooth out. I actually really appreciated his honesty and called my sister Brittany to take out the tooth.

Brittany called about 90 minutes after I dropped Willow off to say everything went well. I had just arrived home as Brittany’s clinic is far, which is why I don’t regularly take my dogs to her, when a few minutes later my phone rang and I ignored it (which I often do) but when I listened to the message it was Brittany saying I had to get down there right now. I went into instant panic mode, my heart dropped and I grabbed my stuff and sprinted out the door as tears were falling down my face. When I finally talked to Brittany, everything was okay but Willow did not like being in a kennel and needed comfort. It took me the next 2 hours to calm down from that message. In fact I don’t know if I am truly over it, I don’t think I could take losing her at this stage in my life. I love her more than anything else.

Willow was in a lot of pain yesterday and kept crying. It broke my heart to hear her cry especially when she never cries. Today she is resting more comfortably. I hate subjecting my dogs to painful and scary situations that they don’t understand.

6 Comments:

  • I know how scary that was for you.

    I'm so glad she's okay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM  

  • Willow is almost back to normal now. She even wanted a bone this morning, silly puppy!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:42 PM  

  • Poor Willow. :(

    Glad everything is going to be okay, for her and you! ;)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 10:13 PM  

  • Thanks Chesney Girl

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:29 PM  

  • How terrifying!! I'm glad Willow's all right, though--I know my heart drops to my toes every time Molly's sick and/or crying.

    By Blogger Faith, at 8:34 AM  

  • Faith,

    It that they don't understand that gets me the most.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home