A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And he makes a pot

The coffee thing turned out to be even funnier than if it had happened on Friday. My BAW came into work and started a pot of coffee first thing. Of course I sent out an email to everyone that the coffee was brewing, many random people arrived to “visit”. My friends were visiting to see if he had tried the coffee. Unfortunately I put way too much pepper in the coffee and he noticed the smell right away. However he wasn’t sure if it smelled wrong or if it was him. He asked me if it smelled okay and I innocently replied that it smelled fine. I even gave him a look like he was crazy to not think that it smelled fine.

My BAW then started soliciting opinions on his coffee to our fellow co-workers. He asked the Kid and the Kid replied it smelled like coffee. I almost lost it when he said “Maybe I am pregnant and my sense of smell is off, I haven't tasted it yet" and then he started speculating someone had messed with his coffee. During this whole scene I continued to keep all my friends up to date on the progress. Every minute I would receive an inquiry to the current status and I had to send mass emails.

Finally he asked the most annoying guy on the planet (Mag) and Mag said that it smelled like pepper and the gig was up. About the same time my giggles overcame me and I was found out too. It made for a very entertaining morning. The whole scene took at least three hours.

6 Comments:

  • Aw, that was a good prank. Cool that your coworkers were in on it.

    As to the post below, no, no, no!!! Give Meadow the dignity she deserves by not dressing her in little doggie clothes!!!

    Sorry for all the exclamation marks but I feel strongly about this. Apparently.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 9:59 AM  

  • I dunno how domestic you are, but there's always thumbprint cookies with jalapeno jelly in the middle...

    And Izzybella and I disagree on the doggie clothing issue. I love doggie clothing, think it's totally adorable. But she is sworn to protect her niece, so whenever I admire the doggie clothing she forcibly drags me away.

    Molly has her own opinion, of course. Joe got her a really cute polo shirt from Old Navy, and she ripped it off as soon as she could!! :)

    By Blogger Faith, at 4:28 PM  

  • I'm sorry, I span off for a fair while. Who is BAW - what are the words behind the letters I wonder.

    By Blogger The Dog of Freetown, at 11:29 AM  

  • Too funny!
    I wish we had that kind of joking thing around my office. Instead it's all annoying drama. *sigh*

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 10:23 AM  

  • what a great prank!
    and nonononononono on doggie clothes.

    By Blogger soleil, at 2:45 PM  

  • No doggie clothes, it was a fluke, it could be hormones.

    BAW - Boyfriend At Work

    I have a love/hate relationship with my coworkers. It is not always good.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home