A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I love Waffle House

I had my first meal at a Waffle House tonight. I know you are shocked; how can it be possible to never have eaten at a Waffle House? Well there are many reasons, one there are not Waffle Houses where I currently live, two my family is a bit pretentious and three my co-workers are way pretentious. Thus we are working and staying in the middle of nowhere Maryland right next to a Waffle House and no one will eat there. A few of my coworkers have been here months, in this very hotel and no Waffle House. We have driven miles and miles to find dinner with no thought to the Waffle House. Tonight I begged off dinner with my colleagues and decided to give the Waffle House a try. I have to say it was great!!

I sat at the counter and was almost the only customer. The waitress stood over me anxiously awaiting my order, assuming I knew what they served because everyone has been to a Waffle House. I had no idea what they served but she was freaking me out so I ordered the All Star Breakfast. The food was served hot, fresh and exactly like I ordered it; and did I mention it was great! The grits were perfect; hey I am in the south and when in Rome…. The bacon exactly like I ordered it slightly burned. You be amazed at how many places will not intentionally over cook your food but it is the way I like my bacon. Oh and my whole enormous meal was under $7, seriously I can’t say enough good things about the Waffle House.

2 Comments:

  • joe and i used to go to waffle house almost every sunday for breakfast. it's good stuff.

    By Blogger soleil, at 10:36 PM  

  • I need some Waffle House right now. Love their country ham and eggs.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home