A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Game 5

Tonight is our 5th game and I am once again struck by how much I love playing football. The games seem to pass so fast. I lose track of everything when I am on the field, and fortunately I am athletic enough to play the entire time. For example during our second game it was raining. Before the game I sat on the sidelines huddled under my umbrella, much to the amusement of my team members. However that was the last time I felt or noticed the rain until I was in my car driving away. I thought “Wow, I did not realize that it was still raining.” Last week’s game occurred in freezing cold weather. I was so cold that I ran over to the near by Sport’s Authority and bought a new under armor shirt to help ward off the weather. Once again when the game started, and I was no longer cold. I did not notice anything but the game. I usually can not turn off my mind, and it churns a hundred miles a minute thinking/obsessing about the stupidest stuff. I do have the ability to lose myself when I dance but I have never so completely lost myself as I do in football.

I would like to note that I don’t think it is the best place to pick up on the opposite sex. Oh I do play with some really hot men, but we all take the game so seriously. I have been playing/practicing with these people for months and I am not sure of anyone’s relationship status. I do know their strengths and weaknesses on a football field, if that helps. They are really cool men, not the freaks and geeks that surround me at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home