A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, November 04, 2005

Home cooked meals

After a desperate attempt to find something really interesting to do tonight I have decided to buy a 6 pack of beer, curl up on the couch and watch TV. It is probably a good thing that I am not going out tonight; I do have a busy weekend. I have to work tomorrow and Saturday night is my night to meet the parents! I have already been warned that I can’t let them know that I am an atheist. Apparently that information is a deal breaker. However it always seems to come up. The subject usually starts with

“What do you do?” Them

“I am a scientist.” Me

“Oh so you believe in evolution.” Them

“Believe, that is a funny choice of words it is not a belief it is a theory.” Me

“So do you believe in God” Them

“No” Me

However I am going to try to avoid the conservation at all costs. I don’t want Courtney’s parents thinking I am the devil, here to convert their daughter to the dark side.

Sunday is my first floor hockey practice, and there is a super bonus to this event. My co-worker (who recruited me) invited me over for a home cooked meal before practice. Bonus! You might not understand what that means to me. The only home cooked meals I get now come from invites. I am the top ramen, frozen pizza and cereal queen. I love home cooked meals, but not enough to cook them myself. I am always trying to get invites to dinner. I only get about one or two invites a month, so the rest of time I eat like a graduate student. Yes, I could afford to eat better, but I am really lazy when it comes to eating. If it takes me more than 5 minutes total to prepare it, I am just not going to do it. I do eat out a lot, but that gets old too. Home cooked meal for the Spin Doc this weekend.

4 Comments:

  • Theory-the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:19 AM  

  • DC Last Call- I am including the time it takes to purchase the food too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:41 PM  

  • I am so inviting you for dinner one of these days! I love to cook. I am actually obsessed with food and cooking. It's kind of scary.

    By Blogger SVM, at 8:58 PM  

  • SVM-I on my way over!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home