A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Summary

Friday night I watched movies and drank a few beers and called it a night by 10:30 pm. I know the riveting life of a party girl. I am sure everyone is jealous of my living on the edge lifestyle.

Saturday day I had a pedicure. On some level this is suppose to be a relaxing and enjoyable experience but it really isn’t for me. Oh I like how my feet look afterwards, but all that scrubbing and shaping kind of hurts. I do like to have my feet rubbed, perhaps next time I should just go for the massage. Then I came to work for a few hours before my big date with the parents. I had a meeting with one of my co-workers and we briefly talked about the parents evening. I told him I was concerned that they were going to find out I am a flaming liberal, and he was shocked that anyone would ask political and religious questions when first meeting someone. With in 5 minutes Courtney’s parents had managed to ask me, not only what religion I was but what I thought about our president. I answered in a very PC way. I said “I think he (W) is doing what he feels is best for the country.” I did not add that I think he is totally wrong and a religious fanatic, but some things are best left unsaid. In general, most the people I meet ask me very personal questions within minutes of meeting them. I think this is because I come across as a very open and understanding person. Maybe I should go into acting.

Sunday I watched my new team win the season’s championship game. I did not really practice much with the team, but I did get to meet my new teammates. I am a huge fan of hockey. I understand the game and the strategy involved. I also know the lingo, which a vast improvement over my football knowledge. I have never played hockey before but it really did not look that hard. I could definitely be more of a hockey kind of girl than a football one. I will let you know our first game is in two weeks.

I am really a skiing kind of girl, but the snow out here sucks! And what is up with the whole double black diamond slopes? Who are they kidding? Nothing (except a complete vertical drop) is that difficult when the run in only 700 feet. Before I moved out here I skied a mountain that required the skier have an avalanche locater beacon and a shovel to ski the double black diamond (which I did not). Now that is truly double black diamond!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home