A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas List

I now have 6 shopping days before Christmas and I have not bought a thing. I am not kidding here. I have nothing for my grandparents, parents, siblings, my favorite uncle or that special someone in my life. Can I boycott Christmas this year? Seriously? Some of my procrastination comes from the fact that I have been very busy recently but most of it stems from the fact that Christmas has become shallow and point less for me. I used to put a lot of time and effort into the presents I gave only to be met with dissatisfaction from the people on the receiving end. Though to be fair I am usually very dissatisfied with my Christmas presents too. This year I am giving almost everyone money and they will probably give me a gift certificate in return so why don’t we just call it even and not exchange gifts? I know it is very bah hum bug, but it would save me a ton of money and then I could just go and get the things on my list. So what is on my Christmas list? Well let’s see.

  1. IPOD
  2. A pink cashmere scarf
  3. A winning lottery ticket
  4. The job of my dreams (Okay Seriously)
  5. Ralph Lauren turtlenecks, white and black
  6. A long dress coat
  7. A red leather jacket
  8. Knee high black boots
  9. Ralph Lauren socks
  10. Perfume
  11. Lift tickets to my favorite mountain
  12. Hockey tickets, 5th row behind the goalie (they are my favorite seats)
  13. A trip anywhere warm and tropical
  14. Victoria Secret pajamas
  15. A new ski hat
  16. A Spyder Telluride

With the exception of #3, 4, 12 and 13, I will purchase myself within the next few weeks. Perhaps with all the gift certificates that will be coming my way in 6 days. A Bam Hum Bug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home