A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My give a damn is busted

Yesterday I received my twentieth affirmative active form; you know the form that proves to the powers that be that the company is at least attempting to target minorities. Being a minority in the field I have decided not to fill the forms out unless I actually get a job offer, the fact that they allowed me to apply does not change the fact that 96% of all senior positions in my field are occupied by men. I have sent out a total of 45 job applications, and to date I have received 2 rejection notices and I have one interview. According to everything I have read the good ole boys network is still going strong and I can expect a lot of “affirmative action” interviews but no real job offers. However given this bleak out look I can’t seem to find the motivation to care, I guess my give a damn is busted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home