A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Things I Wish I Had Heard

I just read a very moving post titled Things I Should Have Said but the post could have easily been titled Things I wish I had heard.

No, I'm seeing someone right now
I love you back
Please, please don't leave
I'm sorry for what I did

I'm not the same person when you're around
I'm scared by how much I love you
Because they think you're my "Anna Begins"
It was all worth it

I'm weaker than you think I am
You've given me hope for the person I could be
Let's just lay here for a while
I'm going to get my old job back

I built this for you
I thank God for every second you've been in my life
You deserve more than I can give you
I'm not going to let go

I don't want to go back to how it was before you
Just stand there for a second
Please just hang on a little longer
Marry me

Enough to make any woman melt!

11 Comments:

  • That's the worst poem I've ever read.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 4:27 PM  

  • I did not think it was a poem, just a list, and I think it is one of the sweetest things I have ever read!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:28 PM  

  • By the way, thanks for the sentiment.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 5:03 PM  

  • "You deserve more than I can give you" - isn't that usually something you say when you break up with someone?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 PM  

  • Anonymous: "'You deserve more than I can give you' - isn't that usually something you say when you break up with someone?"
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that line. Not surprising, since that's what I got to hear shortly before my last break-up.

    By Blogger Ellen, at 11:38 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ellen, at 11:41 PM  

  • Hmm, that's actually also something I once said to somebody whom I wanted to break up with, but I will never say it again.

    By Blogger Ellen, at 11:44 PM  

  • It was something I should have said when I realized that her happiness was more important than mine. And that I would rather be miserable and alone for the rest of my life than for her to spend one moment unhappy.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 12:07 AM  

  • Ellen-Perhaps someone only says these things to you when you don't want to hear them.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:26 AM  

  • Spin doc: I am not sure, but I don't think so. I think this sentence is something people say to you in particular when they feel bad about breaking up with you and don't want to hurt you or they want to avoid a scene. They want to make you feel good before they break up with you. They also or especially want to make themselves feel better, because by saying you are to good for them they - of course - do you a favor by breaking up with you. In any case, I don't ever want to hear this sentence again.

    It also seem to me, that women like to use this sentence when they break up. They don't want to be jerks. Men seem to have less trouble being jerks.

    Anyway, long comment. Do I sound bitter? ;)

    By Blogger Ellen, at 1:41 PM  

  • Ellen-We are all a little bitter, but we have a right to be so.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home