A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, December 16, 2005

Pot Luck

Just when I was starting to think there were many redeeming qualities in my co-workers, they remembered my birthday and brought me gifts! The annual office lunch party happened. It is today and it is a mess! The day started with not one, not two but four different co-workers stopping by my office to see if it is time to go to the pot-luck lunch. I actually do work occasionally and had to delay my leaving for a few minutes. Finally I gave up and agreed to go over there, and there was no food! Given that this is a pot-luck lunch and I am not a chef; I brought soda. Well apparently no one is chef here, because there is only soda and desserts available. Not that I have an aversion to eating dessert for lunch, but I have already eaten a ton of chocolate today, curtsey of Hop-Hop. It is suppose to start at noon, but 30 minutes later it still has not started. Exasperated I returned to my office, I have no desire to hang out and chit chat with the freaks and geeks. However I should eat something besides chocolate today, maybe there is food now. How much do you want to bet that it is all gone?

I arrived only to hear one of my co-workers comment that the food is better on the second floor. I turned to him and said, "You should really stop and count to three before you say anything in the future."

2 Comments:

  • Hopefully I'll never have to experience the "joy" that is the office potluck ever again. But I think you learn more about your co-workers in events like this than you ever do in meetings, projects, etc.

    By Blogger Smerdyakov, at 7:51 AM  

  • I know more about my co-workers than I ever wanted to already!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home