A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Too my friends

This is to my wonderful friends (Courtney, Sara, Jeanne, the Bavarian, Jean-Marc (and SVM), and Martin) who helped make this my best birthday ever.

If I could teach you how to fly
Or bake an elderberry pie
Or turn the sidewalk into stars
Or play new songs on an old guitar
Or if I knew the way to heaven,
The names of night, the taste of seven
And owned them all, to keep or lend-
Would you come and be my friend?

You cannot teach me how to fly.
I love the berries but not the pie.
The sidewalks are for walking on,
And an old guitar has just one song.
The names of night cannot be known,
The way to heaven cannot be shown.
You cannot keep you cannot lend-
But still I want you for my friend.
-Dennis Lee

1 Comments:

  • Thanks sweetie!!

    What's an elderberry anyway? Sounds scary. Maybe Jean Marc and SVM can bake one and let us try it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home