A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Ramblings

I finally started cleaning out my office on Friday and when I arrived at work this morning I was shocked at how clean my office was, however after 4 hours of organizing today I am not sure I am going to have it all cleaned out by tomorrow afternoon. It is amazing how much stuff one can accumulate in 19 months. I am very grateful that movers will be dealing with all my junk in my condo.

This weekend was full of fun stuff! I went out briefly Friday night to the Science Club. Yes I am that much of a geek, I am a scientist and I hang out at the Science Club. I might as well embrace my geekiness. Saturday I played in my very last football game and we lost. It poured in DC on Saturday and I don’t think I have ever been so wet and muddy in my entire life. I did not play my best on my last game but I can’t help but feel good about the entire experience. A year ago I had never played football and this season I was recruited by an A league team. I know if I was staying in DC and continued to play football I would improve even more.

Saturday night I went out on the town! I started the evening early (6 pm) and finished very late (4 am), and I was not hung over on Sunday. I was tired but not hung over. We went dancing and the club was a riot. They played old Bon Jovi and Foreigner music and dated myself by knowing all the lyrics to the songs. I am surprised I did not lose my voice screaming the lyrics that night.

Sunday night was my last hockey game. It was a playoff game and we won. I won’t be here for the Championship game next week but I am confident our team will win. It has been great playing for the best team in the league; we have not lost a game all season. Unfortunately my new place of residence does not have hockey or football, but I have signed up for softball and basketball. It is going to be a true test of my athletic ability, because I actually have played both sports before. I won’t have the excuse of not knowing what I am doing to hide my lack of ability.

14 Comments:

  • Sounds like a good weekend. Mine went steadily down hill from Friday. Here's looking ahead to the next one.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 1:56 PM  

  • Naive, I did have fun and I left out all the NC-17 details too. I am trying to keep my blog PG-13.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:39 PM  

  • Oh do tell. I love to hear other people's dirt. It makes me feel so much better about myself.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 2:50 PM  

  • Naive, There was a happy moment after my football game where all the male players were changing on the sidelines. As I watched I think a little drool fell out of my mouth. There is nothing like really physical fit men taking off their clothes in the rain.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:47 PM  

  • Spinner, you should have taken a picture. Next time, please consider your readers when you are presented with such an occassion!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 4:31 PM  

  • Naive, it is times like that I wished I owned a camera.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:34 PM  

  • I agree with NNM - think of your readers. Half naked, mud-flecked sportsmen are most definitely blogworthy.

    By Blogger Imelda, at 6:19 PM  

  • Glad to hear you're going out with a bang.
    I agree with the rest of the gals. Invest in a camera. You do too many fun things to leave us hanging on this way.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 9:27 PM  

  • Glad to hear you're going out with a bang.
    I agree with the rest of the gals. you definitely need to invest in a camera. Despite your self-professed geekiness, you do too many fun things to leave us dangling out here this way.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 9:28 PM  

  • Did you just admit to leaving us in the dark about the hottie football players in your team? You are a very, very bad girl!

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:14 PM  

  • Okay Ladies, I give up! Later today will be a post devoted to the hotties on the football field. I will even attempt to find a few photos.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:28 AM  

  • When you say football, do you mean what we over here would call American Football, or do you mean what you over there often call soccer?

    I love the fact you went to a science club. More people should!

    By Blogger The Dog of Freetown, at 11:24 AM  

  • Kieran, American Football (coed), but it is flag football.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:10 PM  

  • Woohoo!!! I await with great anticipation! ;)

    By Blogger Joy, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home