A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday's Snap Shot

Everyone around here works 4 tens, with the exception of me. I could work 4 tens if I wanted to, but I feel like there is something wrong with taking a three day weekend every week. This 4 tens mentality means there is absolutely no one around on Fridays. On the surface this sounds like a great time to be at work; it is not. There is no one here! I am working numerous projects with dozens of different people and not a single one of them is here today.

Here is a snap shot of my workday today.

  1. Start working on project x (that I neglected due the emergency early in the week). Realize the engineer has not sent me the things he promised so I can finish project x today. Email engineer x requesting necessary material, and hear nothing back.
  2. Move to project y, which I specifically told this team I would be working on today. Need a model number to finish this project. Call and email the engineer no response yet.
  3. Move to project z, a time constrained project, not near completion. Work for a few hours on project z, periodically sending emails to engineers requesting various materials, no responses. Finish all I can do on project z without receiving necessary information.

I am almost afraid to start another project given what a waste of time today has been. I try to manage the rest of my week such that I can work all day Friday without needing information from other people, but this week was so crazy around here that I did not manage to do that today.

4 Comments:

  • This means you will just need to devote more time to blogging on Fridays!

    By Blogger Imelda, at 1:39 AM  

  • Imelda's right.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 10:02 PM  

  • Next Friday's schedule: Show up late, blog a little, send out a few emails, blog a little, take a long lunch and go shopping, blog a little, organize work for Monday, leave early.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 1:56 PM  

  • Imelda and Zoom,

    Notice, I posted twice on Friday??? I actually wrote another one too.

    Theresa,

    I am in the middle of no where! But hey online shopping is an idea...

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home