A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

100 Things About Me

Sometime this weekend I received my 10,000th visitor to my blog and in honor of this occasion I complied a list of 100 things about me, enjoy!


  1. I was married twice by the time I turned 22.
  2. I can’t be alone.
  3. I lost my virginity at 15.
  4. I still feel like a slut when I tell people that.
  5. I feel like I am broken inside, at times.
  6. But, I hate it when people try to fix me.
  7. I have very limited contact with my family.
  8. I love to dance.
  9. I love to read.
  10. I spend all my free time reading if I have a good book.
  11. I read at work if I have a good book.
  12. I love to drive fast.
  13. I drive a Ford Thunderbird.
  14. I have a PhD in physics.
  15. I have never cheated on any of my exams.
  16. I helped my sister on her exams.
  17. I am really good at mathematics.
  18. I like my job.
  19. I don’t like people to tell me what to do.
  20. I hate my previous boss.
  21. I had lunch with him every Friday.
  22. He was painfully boring.
  23. I have a very imbalanced self-esteem.
  24. I am very sensitive.
  25. I could eat pizza every day.
  26. I don’t let myself eat pizza very often.
  27. I run 5 miles non-stop, once a week.
  28. I hate to exercise.
  29. I exercise three times a week.
  30. I am afraid of being fat.
  31. My father is obese.
  32. My father is eating himself to death.
  33. My father is very lazy.
  34. My parents divorced before I was a year old.
  35. My parents are step-siblings.
  36. My mother is still in love with my step-father.
  37. My grandfather was the best man I have ever known.
  38. My grandfather loved me unconditionally.
  39. He has been the only person in my life to love me so.
  40. He was very proud of me.
  41. I miss him very much.
  42. I was partially raised by my grandparents.
  43. I have three younger sisters.
  44. My sisters are all half-sisters.
  45. I only like my middle sister.
  46. She used to cut herself with razor blades.
  47. I have two brothers.
  48. I tell people I have three brothers, but the third brother is a step-brother.
  49. My older brother is in prison.
  50. My youngest brother is actually my nephew.
  51. I have a black lab.
  52. I named her after a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the TV series.
  53. I had a lab named Frodo who died.
  54. He died a horrible death.
  55. I still feel guilty about not having the vet put him out of his misery and instead try to say him.
  56. I still have nightmares about his death.
  57. Frodo’s death broke my heart.
  58. I donate money to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
  59. I can’t watch movies or television shows that show brutality to animals.
  60. I can’t stand a dirty house.
  61. If my house is dirty I feel like my life is chaos.
  62. I have a house cleaner.
  63. I won’t eat at my father’s house because it is so dirty.
  64. I am afraid of food born illnesses.
  65. If I think food might be spoiled I won’t eat it.
  66. I throw milk away days before it expires.
  67. I am embarrassed about my food fetishes.
  68. No one knows the extent of things I will not eat.
  69. I pretend like I am not hungry when I over come with a fetish.
  70. I can’t cook.
  71. I don’t want to learn how to cook.
  72. I love it when people cook for me.
  73. My favorite snack is Doritos and salsa.
  74. I love diet coke and pink cookies.
  75. I secretly would like to have an eating disorder.
  76. I think about doing drugs to make myself super skinny.
  77. I don’t do drugs.
  78. I am even more afraid that drugs will make me stupid.
  79. I am the smartest person in my family.
  80. I am secretly very proud of that.
  81. I score very well on standardized exams.
  82. I love to say fuck.
  83. I have a hard time writing the word fuck.
  84. I listen to my IPOD while at my desk at work.
  85. I can’t sit still for very long.
  86. I wear Ralph Lauren.
  87. I have a very classic sense of style.
  88. I don’t like Puma shoes.
  89. I don’t know why.
  90. I love off the wall vans.
  91. I have big feet.
  92. I am an atheist.
  93. I was raised Mormon.
  94. I volunteer in the community.
  95. I am very concerned about women’s issues.
  96. I think I make myself miserable.
  97. I can’t seem to stop.
  98. I don’t know why.
  99. I never contemplate suicide but I do think of running away.
  100. I just don’t know where “away” is.

11 Comments:

  • Very very nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • Lots of things in common, here. I, too, am very weird about food and what I will and will not eat. And those things never make sense to other people so I just don't even try anymore. And though I've never wanted to do drugs to get super skinny, I have wished I had cancer sometimes (I know, I'm going to hell for that). And I had a black lab that died a terrible death that I have never really gotten over.

    Hey, the next time you're going to be in Salt Lake, we should get together.

    By Blogger Trista, at 1:19 PM  

  • Anonymous,

    Thank you.

    Trista,

    I have been meaning to email you! I will get in touch with you soon. The new job, moving and such has kept me busy.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:26 PM  

  • I'm really glad you wrote this list. I think it's an efficient way to share things that would otherwise take months of blogging.

    I get severely depressed sometimes (more in the past than present), but I don't think about killing myself. I just think about putting my dog (a yellow lab) in the car and driving away where no one can find me. ... Actually, sometimes I think about that even when I'm not depressed.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 11:49 PM  

  • Theresa,

    A favorite theme of mine is hiding under my bed, I have never done this even as a child. I often wonder where the desire comes from.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:37 AM  

  • That's a great idea. My new bed is in the corner of the room. I could make a totally cool fort under there.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 10:16 AM  

  • Theresa,
    If I ever have children I am going to turn the entire house into a tent fort!

    Chit Chat Man,
    Is that good or bad?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:06 PM  

  • Spin, you hit the nail on the head with these ones...

    I can’t be alone.
    I hate it when people try to fix me.
    I have very limited contact with my family.
    I love to dance.
    I love to drive fast.
    I have never cheated on any of my exams.
    I don’t like people to tell me what to do.
    I hate my previous boss.
    I am very sensitive.
    I am afraid of being fat.
    I can’t watch movies or television shows that show brutality to animals.
    I love it when people cook for me.
    I don’t do drugs.
    I am afraid that drugs will make me stupid.
    I score very well on standardized exams.
    I love to say fuck.
    I have a very classic sense of style.
    I never contemplate suicide but I do think of running away.

    By Blogger Imelda, at 1:33 AM  

  • Imelda,

    Do you know where "away" is?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:27 AM  

  • Spinner~ Half of these were the exact opposite of me and the other half could have been me.

    I think we'd get on just fine IRL. You bring the doritos and I my homemade salsa.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 1:10 PM  

  • Naive,

    I agree.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home