A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, June 12, 2006

The worst concert

The concert was a complete bust. When I bought the tickets the person selling the tickets said the concert would start at 9 pm. However the tickets said 8pm so the Lawyer and I arrived at 8pm. Of course we were the first ones there, but that was okay. We hadn’t seen each other 4 months and spent the next couple of hours catching up.

Around 11pm the opening act had arrived, by this time we were seated in the VIP section and saw them arrive. They spent the next 30 minutes hanging out in the club. I had no idea who they were and I am sure the rest of the attendees did not know either. They were a rap group and performed for about 30 minutes and it was fun. I didn’t understand most of what they were saying but they had a lot of energy and stage presence, which was entertaining.

Just after midnight T-pain (the head liner) came on stage. I had bought his album and was expecting music from his last album but boy was I wrong. The group rapped two songs, and then danced to three songs and left the stage. He didn’t even sing his two songs that made him famous, oh he had the DJ play the songs and he and his two group members danced to them. It was a rip off!! Totally! He wasn’t even on stage more than 10 minutes and he was very late. Then from the VIP section his band members cased the scene and started inviting certain women upstairs to join them. I was totally put off by this and left the VIP section. It was the worst concert ever!

T-pain should be ashamed of his performance. Granted the concert was not well attended, but the people there were there because they really liked his music. We all have days at work that we really don’t want to be there, however we still make some kind of effort to work. T-pain made no effort to perform. I went to hear an artist sing, not dance. When I want to see dancing I go to a dance performance, and watch a better show than I had this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home