A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, June 26, 2006

Your 4 paragraphs

I stumbled across you and your words struck a chord in my soul. Daily I looked for you insight, wondering were next in my being you would strike. Continually you surprised me and inspired me. I discovered how to articulate the words in me through your example. Your quick wit and clever responses had intrigued me. Your pain and bitterness incited compassion and understanding in me. Your life experiences were numerous and I admired you. You had swept off my feet before we ever met face to face.

You wrote beauty poetry and I claimed it for my own. I dreamed I was the object of your desire. Then you contacted me, who was already partly in love with the thought of you. I knew you, the clever, bitter, charming, funny you. I was like a schoolgirl, giddy with the thought of meeting you. I gushed to all my friends about this most amazing man that I was about to meet. I shared your poetry and prose already claiming you for my own.

The time approached and I waited and you lingered. I didn’t understand the road you traveled. I still don’t. I don’t know the path you journeyed and what obstacles you had in your road. I who waits for no man, waited for you.

And then, you came to me, and you were charming, funny and intelligent. You were all that I thought you would be and more. And what were you expecting? Was I the object of your desire, as I wanted to be? Was I all that you thought I would be? Who did you think I would be? Was it all a dream, a waste of time? Was it an affair with the idea and not the reality? I don’t know, perhaps you can tell me.

4 Comments:

  • Sometimes questions like these can be answered if you just ask the right person.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

  • spinner, this story sounds way too familiar.

    By Blogger Joy, at 3:03 PM  

  • It is one of the pitfall of the internet.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:08 PM  

  • Girl, you and I should talk. Send me an email sometime.

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home