A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, October 30, 2006

Everything But

When I was much younger and dating the first love of my life I had an “Everything But” list. The “everything but” list was my way of saving myself. It didn’t save me, I gave him my heart and innocence and he did not appreciate the gift. In retrospect it was silly to have an “everything but” list until I realized over a decade later I still have an “everything but” list. My “everything but” list in now based on things that are too intimate, that cause me to feel too much. Once again I am saving myself, but I can’t help but wonder if once again I am being silly. After all of these years is my “everything but” list really going to protect my heart??

2 Comments:

  • Everything but list is silly.... Everyone has that list even as grown ups for the most part. But someone said something to me once how they have this everything but list and they never worked on themselves to correct the buts that puts them on someone else's list. Protecting yourself from getting hurt and this is a way for you to do it than ok. Some wise sole told me once, "Be careful with me." What I got from that is don't hurt me because it will change me. We are more on guard for or feelings and emotions as an adult because of things of the past that affect our present. Where am I going with this??? These changes will put a person back on the everything but list. So to have a list at one point your on it or off can change with the weather.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • Anonymous,
    I am found of saying "Be careful with me" for that very reason. When you are hurting you come up with all sorts of ways to protect yourself, but it doesn't change the fact that you are already hurt.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home