A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A pill please

The Kid brought me a couple of CDs to work today and I am listening to Snow Patrol right now, and the phrase in the track 7 “Please just save me from this darkness” has struck a chord with me (no pun intended). I have repeated this phrase many times in my life and so has every one of my friends, it is a common feeling and it sucks. However it is part of life and many things that are part of life suck. Headaches and stomachaches are a part of life that sucks and for the most part I don’t wallow in self-pity when I have one. Oops as I typed that I so remember that I DO wallow in self-pity when I am not feeling physically well, so it is only natural that I wallow in self-pity when I am emotionally unwell.

I have been spending the last week feeling very sorry for myself, which is only natural considering I am in pain. The only difference is I don’t tend to have physical discomforts for more than a few days, and emotional discomforts last a whole lot longer. I just wish there was a pill or a medicine that would at least alleviate the symptoms, like taking a pill when you have the flu; the pill doesn’t cure you but at least the symptoms are bearable. Does anyone know of a “pill” for my discomforts?

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 1:22 PM  

  • I've been mulling over a post on the same subject. I would like to overdose on those pills if you find them. I'm so sick of feeling sad.

    PS..sorry for the delete above.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 1:33 PM  

  • Never fear, Sweetheart. There are lots of ways to feel better (or at least feel differently). You could get shit-faced. You could go to a shrink, and after a 15-minute conversation get a big bottle of the latest anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, anti-blah-blah-blah. You could seek out cheap, meaningless thrills or shallow sexual relationships. You could over-eat, under-eat, get high, or pierce, tattoo, scar and mutilate yourself until you're unrecognizable. You could emerse yourself in a new religion, or my personal favorite, become completely absorbed by your job until you no longer exist. Hmmmm ... or you could keep plodding along with the rest of us, know you aren't alone and believe that even when you feel shitty, the people around you see how amazing you really are. You'll feel better again ... maybe sooner than you think.

    Thanks for writing this today. I was feeling shitty too.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 2:17 PM  

  • Genius,
    What other post?

    Theresa,
    Getting drunk makes me feel worse, and I am not a anti-depressant person. I like feeling even if I have to experience the lows. I am trying the whole job thing right now, but I am seriously considering the whole sex thing though...

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:49 PM  

  • I think you could use a Blogartia Weekend!!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:09 AM  

  • Naive,
    As long as I don't have to be too creative I am there!!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home