A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, October 23, 2006

Last Minute

I was called away on a last minute business trip and I was crazy busy before hand, sorry for not writing!

Today was the first day of the "meeting" and I was underdressed!!! I am usually over dressed for everything! Especially for conferences, I would attend a conference in at least slacks and a nice button down shirt and be over dressed. Today I showed up in blue slacks, a RLL button down shirt, fabulous red boots and I was the only one not in a suit. I was shocked but I am not in Kansas anymore, no more ill dressed and ill socialized scientists for me.

I am also the only woman under 50 in attendance which makes me stand out even more. Wow and this conference is even more boring than a physics conference. I did not think that was possible.

3 Comments:

  • Glad to see you post! I'm a chronic overdresser too. I've been caught a few times off guard and been underdressed, but mostly non-work stuff.

    I don't do the kind of job where I'd ever go to a conference. Thank goodness. I'm pretty sure my interraction with strangers in my industry is far more a worry than what I could possibly wear.

    At least you have your good ... youness to make up for the other stuff.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 12:21 AM  

  • Zoom,

    It was better today, people are more relaxed in their clothing. I have a love/hate relationship with conferences, I love the break in my everyday routine but they are boring!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:19 PM  

  • Hey Spinner,
    it's been a while since i've visited. my bad! i've also attended my share of conferences and although they are a great break from the everyday, mundane, sort of routine, they can be incredibly boring. what i look forward to during these conferences? snack breaks. especially if it involves chocolate. :D

    By Blogger Joy, at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home