A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Special Friends

I am going to the Ukraine on my trip, and I hope that is not TMI. As word of my trip has circulated around the office, I started receiving all sorts of guests at my office offering advice about my trip. These visitors also blessed me with a lot of anecdotes about staying in the Ukraine. The stories involving no heat, parasites and theft were numerous, and yet all theses visitors were super anxious to return. I could not understand. I am excited to go but the lack of heat has me a little concerned. The people here dying to return to the Ukraine has recently approached a whole new level, people have gone so far to contact people at the top of the food chain out here advertising their expertise and volunteering for the trip even if only as a back up. I could not understand what was going on.

Well guess what sport’s fans, it is the women. I just had a briefing by HR concerning the Ukrainian women problem with married American men, specifically related to our company. I think it is a riot too. Hop-Hop (a Russian man) told me about this, but I did not take him seriously. Now I can’t help but look at all the men and wonder how easily they are motivated and controlled by their other heads. I wonder if they will go so far as to ask me to deliver a trinket or keep sake to their special friend in the Ukraine!

4 Comments:

  • Hee! That's awesome. I actually kind of hope someone *does* ask you to take on some courier duties, only so I can hear what happens next.

    Enjoy your trip. I wish you much warmth.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:55 AM  

  • What does HR say about the Ukranian men?

    By Blogger Theresa, at 10:13 PM  

  • Make sure you take your new coat and some long johns!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:08 AM  

  • Theresa,
    I know a few Russian men and I am not impressed, though their scientist so who knows.

    Izzy Bella,
    I know! I would be too funny!

    Genius,
    I bought a bunch of extreme weather gear for the trip (and skiing)

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home