A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, January 05, 2007

Ski Coat


I have adverse reactions to medicines;

If it is suppose to make you sleep it keeps me awake

If it is non-drowsy I sleep at my desk

If it is has a “euphoric” side effect I feel nothing

Right now I am struggling to stay awake at my desk after taking non-drowsy cold medicine. The Kid and I start our ski lessons this weekend. I received a beautiful coat for x-mas this year (from my mother), and I am going to try it out. My mother really did spoil me this year too. In addition to this beautiful coat, she bought me a pink telluride for spring skiing with matching accessories (hat, shirts and such). She also bought me the matching accessories for my winter coat. I have never been a ski bunny but I will look like one on the slopes now. She also bought me a bunch of other things but I mentioned my favorite items.

I ski in any weather and in the worst weather I am usually mistaken for a man on the slopes. Last year I even had a female lift operator flirt with me until I removed my face mask and she noticed I was a woman. She even said “I thought you were a guy.” I had to respond that I was probably the only woman skiing in the blizzard.

6 Comments:

  • I have the same reaction to non-drowsy cold medicines! Plus, also, potent pain-killers, like Lortab, make me itch. I'm odd, I know.

    Like your coat. Very cute.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 5:56 PM  

  • Love the coat!!

    I have never been skiing. Unless you count cross country when I was like 10.

    Have fun!! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 10:07 AM  

  • I've never been skiing either but with a coat like that I'd want to try...very cute. You won't be mistaken for a guy in that.

    ditto re: the reaction to medications. I don't even bother taking anything but ibuprofen because of it.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 10:49 AM  

  • Well skiing was great! I love the slopes, but now I am sicker than I thought was possible.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:35 AM  

  • That coat is the bomb! I am so coveting right now!!!

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:45 AM  

  • Glad you had fun, and even gladder that you looked like such a hot chik while you were doing it.
    Sorry to hear you're so sick.
    Don't they have chicken soup down there?

    By Blogger Theresa, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home