A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, March 02, 2007

Book Meme

Izzy Bella tagged me, so I guess I'm it.

I read a lot, I don’t watch television, I don’t have children and I love to read. Reading is my third favorite thing to do just behind sleeping and eating. Having said that I read everything, literary classics, historical novels (fiction and non-fiction), biographies, foreign language books, best sellers but my heart and soul belongs to the fantasy world. I know I am reinforcing the geeky scientist here, but it does and I can’t deny it. Ninety percent of the books I read are fantasy so most of you will probably never heard of the following characters.

Character you'd most like to have over for tea? I would like to say Elizabeth I, but I know she is not really a character, so Gandalf the Gray, the white was too changed or Tom Bombadil.

Character you'd most like to have as a sibling? Too many modern novels have horrible sibling rivalries in them; I don’t understand this having no such problems with my sisters. So I would have to go with a classical character like Elizabeth Bennett, but sticking with the fantasy genre Sabriel.

Character you'd most like to be friends with? I love mischief and I am usually the instigator but I would like a partner in crime so Stephanie Plum would fit the bill and from the fantasy world Ghost (a dire wolf) or Arya.

Character you'd most like to have as a cousin? Any elf because that would make me an elf too, hey this is not my meme! Galadriel would fit.

Character you'd most like to have an adventure with? Pug and Tomas from the Feist books they are bad arse. I also agree with Izzy Bella; Fred and George Weasley.

Favorite quirky character? Tasselhoff Burfoot he is laugh out loud funny from the original Dragon Lance Books, or Fisbane, who periodically shows up in the Weiss and Hickman books.

Favorite love-to-hate character? Oh come on this one is too easy Gollum, “what it’s got in its nassty little pocketses?”

Favorite bad guy? I have to comment to Izzy Bella here, Snape is evil and not Dumbledore’s man. No one who hates a young kid like Snape hates Harry could possible be anything but evil.

My favorite bad guy? Artemis comes to mind.

And the category ChaucerianGirl added:Character to whom you've most often been compared? I know who I would like to be compared to a confident, smart, daring and powerful character, but in reality it is probably Beverly Donofrio, who is a real person. I am often compared to one or both of the Gilmore Girls, but no one compares me to a book character.

TAGGING TIME: I tagging Joy and in the word’s of Izzy Bella, Just because and she reads my blog.

8 Comments:

  • If you've been compared to a Gilmore Girl, I like you already!! Gilmore Girls are hilarious...one of the only good shows left on TV (though since you don't really watch tv, maybe you don't agree with me there). I also loved that you want to be friends with Stephanie Plum. Great choice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Hey, thanks for doing the meme. Re: Snape, honestly, that's the beauty of JKR's writing. That character inspires either the deepest loathing or OTOH crazed loyalty. I've never liked Snape-geez, who would? For a while I was firmly in the snapeisevil camp, but I read a really interesting article that convinced me. I'm usually not so easily convinced. I must be getting cheap and floozy-like in my old age. Now I think he's evil, but still on Dumbledore's side, if not Harry's. Here's the link if you give a crap:
    http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#static:bookseven/snape

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:50 AM  

  • Amanda,

    Thanks! I only watch Gilmore Girls every Tuesday night, it is my TV night. I don't answer the phone or the door during the show.

    Izzy Bella,

    I have read this (and other's like it) and I still say that Snape is evil. That does not mean that Rowley isn't going to have him be Dumbledore's man, but that doesn't change the fact that he is evil.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:31 PM  

  • You've got it right, spindoc! Snape can be Dumbledore's man, and be doing the right things, and still be a foul, evil git. Think about it--if his hatred for Harry had not gotten in the way, perhaps, just perhaps, Barty Crouch wouldn't have been killed by his son, because Harry would have been able to get Dumbledore in time. Hatred poisons people, and the outcome of hatred is never good.

    By Blogger Faith, at 2:18 PM  

  • Faith,
    I love the Harry Potter books, they inspire some fun conversations.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:52 PM  

  • I wish I had more time to read.
    *sigh*

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 7:53 AM  

  • Gaaaa!!! The pressure!!!!! ;)

    By Blogger Joy, at 12:16 AM  

  • Joy,

    I will be watching!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home