A circle has too much symmetry

Sunday, July 22, 2007

What does she have?

Yesterday I had lunch with my current BAW. Immediately after we left the cashier line we walked past the woman I consider to be the most beautiful woman at work. Which is no small feat; there are over 4000 people at this facility. Naturally our lunch table conversation started with considering who the most beautiful woman at work is. We looked around the cafeteria and then brought up people we knew; this is when my BAW went really quite. “You know” he said, “You are the most beautiful woman on plant.” I was shocked and secretly reeling with pleasure. I replied “You must want something.” To which he replied my appeal has to do with how I carry myself and not just my appearance. I know I am not hideous but by no means the most beautiful in any large crowd.

Now I have heard this statement about how I carry myself more than once and I know what they mean and yet I don’t. I can see it in other people but I don’t know really what it is, and I don’t know what it is in me. I wish I knew what it was so I could turn it up when I needed too. When I see it in other people it seems something like confidence but more, kind of like knowing and liking who you are, I really don’t have the words. Does anyone know what I am trying to say here? What is it when you see a person who is attractive but not a show stopper and yet some how they are a show stopper? What does that person have that another person more visually appealing does not have?

3 Comments:

  • I know it when I see it but it's not something I can put into words. Some people just exude charisma and magnetism. I imagine self confidence has a lot to do with it.

    What a lovely compliment you received!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 5:18 PM  

  • It was a lovely compliment. Now I just have to hit the gym harder to make it true.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 7:25 AM  

  • Wow, that's incredibly sweet. I do know what you mean, though. One of my old college roommates had that ellusive "it." Pictures never have done her justice, but in person she's incredibly charismatic.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home