A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Drain Guy

I have toyed with the idea of relating my romantic woes on this blog. I have shied away from it primarily because my blog is not as private as I would like and I am a very private person. Oh sure the most outrageous stuff imaginable leaves my mouth but a vast majority of it is made up. It is the way I hide what is really going on in my life. Another way would be not to talk but that doesn’t seem to be an option for me.

However this story is just too good to not share. Saturday when I was getting ready for my hockey game, my toilet stopped working. As I was going to retrieve the plunger I noticed 4 inches of water in my laundry room. “Mother F**ker!” was the first thing out of my mouth. I mildly freaked out for a minute or two and then felt very sorry for myself for another 5 minutes and then called Roto-Rooter. They had a guy at my house in an hour. The drain guy was easy on the eyes too. He asked me where my main sewer clean out was and I was baffled and told him that I would call my ex and ask. Of course my ex knew where it was and an hour after the drain guy started my drain was clear and an hour after that my laundry room was cleaned.

Now the interesting part; Sunday I get a text message saying “Hello, I thought you might want to talk”

Me “Who is this?
Them “Steve (name has been changed)”
Me “I still don’t know who you are”
Them “I was at your house on Saturday, this is really awkward.”

At this point I thought he was crazy, no one was over on Saturday. I missed my hockey game because of my drain and then it hit me it was the drain guy.

Me “I think I know who you are but to be sure what were you doing at my house on Saturday?”
The Drain guy “Fixing your drain, do you want to get together and talk?”
Me “How old are you?”
The Drain guy “23”

Holy crap! It is flattering and as I mentioned he was easy on the eyes too. I did not flirt with the young man; I guess I still have it.

5 Comments:

  • Suh-weet!!! You go girl!

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:25 PM  

  • I'm calling rotorooter, i have a some pipes that need cleaned.


    Desperate times call for desperate measures and I am nothing if not desperate. haha

    I coulda told you you still have it.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 3:28 PM  

  • Well, SO?!

    Did you get together with him or what???

    Fess up, woman! ;)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 4:43 PM  

  • Yeah! What chesneygirl said! Inquiring minds wanna know!

    By Blogger Joy, at 5:47 PM  

  • Oh come on ladies, he is 23. Now I know what you would want me to do with a 23 year old but I am not that kind of girl.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home