A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Good bye small town girl

I am not the small town girl any more! As you all have noticed I can not say no when asked a favor. Tonight an acquaintance of mine is coming into town and is going to crash at my place for a week. Initially when the old man asked me if he could crash at my place I said yes, but as I gave it more thought I felt that it was very bizarre request boarding on inappropriate. However I am from small town USA and I never say no to requests. So being the small town girl that I am; I was going to let the old man sleep in my bed and I was going to sleep on the futon. However I am not a small town girl anymore and the old man is getting the futon and I am staying in my nice soft big bed. I don’t even give my best friend the bed when she comes to visit, why should I give this acquaintance my bed. I know it is not logical to give him my bed and now that I am a big city girl he can sleep on the futon!

This Saturday I am going white water rafting. This trip was organized by a co-worker that I do not know, she sent out a lab wide invite. Of course, I and a few of my posse members signed up immediately. Now every morning I go to coffee with geek-boy (GB) and one morning I asked him if he was going with us, because he never misses any social activity. GB replies that it is too dangerous and he would not be joining us. GB was so serious; it was like a huge neon sign flashing above his head saying. “I’m a Geek!”

The trip should be fun and adventurous, but I am not looking forward to the 3 hour car trip to the river. I am riding down with hop-hop and the Bavarian. Hop-hop drives me nuts if I have to spend any length of time with him, which I seem to do a lot. Hop-hop has a very unique way of talking to me, for example the other day he said

“Why are you not fat?”

This was his why of telling me that I looked nice that day. I guess hop-hop takes some getting used to and I am still not used to him.

I am going to leave the old man (a.k.a. current house guest) to fend for himself on Saturday. I think he will manage; he did climb Everest for his 70th birthday. In fact I am not planning on changing my busy schedule while he is here. The old man claimed that he just needed a place to crash, I know it seems weird coming from a man of his age. Perhaps he is going through a second childhood.


3 Comments:

  • Dude, this is the most complicated story I ever read.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 AM  

  • The whole blog or just today's post?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:10 PM  

  • Today's post, the part about the futon and all that...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home