A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, June 24, 2005

Happy Hour

Tonight is the monthly happy hour that I organize for me and my fellow co-workers. It should be very entertaining; one of the main question for the evening is the Shannon and Geek-Boy drama. According to Geek-boy they have been on 6 dates, and have another date scheduled for tomorrow; according to Shannon, she is dating nose-hair man (who will not be there). It will be interesting to watch them together tonight. I wonder if she will ignore him tonight and try to flirt with Jean-Marc. She has asked me about Jean-Marc more than once, and was very upset that he ignored her last time we were all together. He said she left "Nothing to the imagination". Shannon was convinced that Ellen and Jean-Marc are a couple and that is why he was not responding to her.

The second reason is that I have partially lost "on and off the list" control. Ms. Chung and I have been taking people off the list for months, and now that I am public I am still trying to maintain list control. I have removed two of Ms. Chung’s co-workers (the Greek and Bree) for being too annoying to deal with. (Here in the land of geeks that is actually a huge thing to be so annoying one would rather be put in sensory deprivation than deal with these people.) GB is not as sensitive to annoying behavior as the rest of us, and spends a lot of time with the co-workers. In addition, GB has turned into a mini-cheerleader for all the social events around work, and had started asking people who are off the list to my social events. Bree had the decency to realize that he was off the list, and told GB that the reason he did not get an invite was intentional (which it was). GB thinks he is such a good friend of mine that I will put someone on the list just off his recommendation. I am so tempted to take GB off the list, but he is great blog material! As I mention, tonight should be interesting, I am going to keep track of all the “off the list” people that show up. You never know I might get lucky and only people “on the list” will attend.

11 Comments:

  • That's the funniest thing ever! But I prefer a little challenge.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

  • "a little challenge???"...funny, i thought jean-marc preferred them blonde, naive and a bit easy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ze Matman, at 2:29 PM  

  • I'm hurt! Naw... Jean-Marc is a nice guy. He leaves the easy ones for uncool geeks. Plus, I didn't say a big challenge!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

  • Did you tell Shannon, that I rather had a crush on her ... well if only she was attractive?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 PM  

  • Ellen,

    I did not tell her any details, I just kept repeating that you are Jean-Marc are great friends. She did not believe me, and said you two were hiding your relationship from me.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:38 PM  

  • Hey! Are you and Jean-Marc hiding something from me?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:38 PM  

  • We are still in the closet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 PM  

  • Soooo! What happened!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

  • You guys are hilarious, but with all the chatter amongst you on here, what do you talk about in person.
    Hahaha

    Oswald, The Social Alchemist

    By Blogger The Great and Might Os, at 3:26 PM  

  • We talk about the stuff we can't post!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home