A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Women and Trucks

Today Ms. Chung and I went “off site” for lunch. When we returned I noticed the Mr. Universe of our work place was driving a gold ford Taurus. I was horrified, really, how is it possible that Mr. Universe is driving such a bland, ugly and utilitarian vehicle? Ms. Chung then told me that Mr. Universe actually has a really big truck, I sighed in relief. The reason for that is; as all women know, (and now I am telling all the men out there), there is not a vehicle that is more universally appealing to women in the “I am a sexy man” category than a big truck.

I know that in DC a truck is not a reasonable vehicle to own, but they are so manly. I also know that they are bad for the environment and a little blue collar, but did I mention they are super manly and sexy. I don’t know what it is about a man in a truck, perhaps us women think a man in truck is a man who does things. They can help us out, help us move, tow our stranded cars and in general take care of us. I think I have got it! A man with a truck sends the subtle message that he can protect us. Wow all men should have a truck!

16 Comments:

  • i feel ya, spin doc. some of my best memories are of the days when me and the old man used to go out in the snow and do tricks and spins in an empty parking lot in his big, green Ford 150 pick-up truck. there is something about a man and his truck that a man and his BMW just can't touch...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

  • I think a woman in an Audi TT is sexier. But oh well, I guess that's not the subjec-matter here...hmm, just wanted to say something, even though I have no particular feeling for men and their trucks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

  • Ellen,

    That is laugh out loud funny!!!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:10 PM  

  • Ellen: mais non! You almost got it though. What's even better than all this is... a woman in a truck!!! That will turn every man on. No bullshit with fancy cars and all that high maintenance crap. That's only fun for so long. What a guy really wants is a cool girl in a big truck. Or a beat up vintage car will do too. I would explain the theory of women in trucks but my comment would be too long.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

  • Jean-Marc: But I actually was talking about what's turning ME on. Plus, I don't really care about turning men on. ... Hmm, well why not also men, the more the merrier. So maybe I should get a truck... Although the more important question now - at least as far as I am concerned - is: Does a woman in a truck turn on the (right) women?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM  

  • Ellen: of course! They turn everybody on! They're like magnets dude.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

  • Ellen again: it's the Thelma & Louise effect! You're all set baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

  • Jean-Marc: But Thelma & Louise drove a Thunderbird... Wait a minute, I know somebody who drives a Thunderbird.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

  • Ellen: I said old vintage cars work too, hullooooo, you must read...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 PM  

  • Funny I know someone who drives a T-bird too! And she is so hot!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:01 PM  

  • Nooooooo! I said VINTAGE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

  • VINTAGE? Wine? What?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  

  • All right, Jean-Marc, this morning I saw a cutie in her truck and I liked what I saw.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ze Matman, at 6:22 PM  

  • Toldya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

  • heeeeyyyyy, I love my taurus!!! I also would rather see a man in a BMW then a truck but that is just me.
    Love your blog..busy catching up.

    By Blogger Christine, at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home