A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

General happenings at work

The ten-years-old intern is leaving this week.  Well he is not 10 but he looks
like he is 10, he actually just turned 16. He is an amazing 16 years old.
I remember when I was 16 I had a really hard time thinking about anything
but boys (not much has changed). I was not responsible and I did not know
what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I definitely did not think
I would be doing this. The ten yrs old knows exactly what he wants to do
with the rest of his life, to the point he is doing an internship. He
is very motivated, intelligent and extremely mature for his age.
However I had a really fun time as a teen-ager, and most of my fun
involved being totally irresponsible. I can’t shake the feeling that
he is missing something by not be irresponsible and carefree.
At the very least he might be missing some key socialization with other teenagers.
Hum I wonder if the F and Gs around here knew what they wanted to do with the
rest of their lives at 16. Hey I might be on to something, I think I am going
to take a survey (and post the results if they are amusing).
 
On the killing time side; I just took a gender test online and
it said I was 89% male! Not the 60/40 split or even 70/30, I am 89% male.
For the record I am female. I don’t think I am an urban legend that was born
male and my parents really wanting a girl, so they performed a surgery at birth.
I have all the appropriate female body parts too.
I immediately emailed Ellen with the news and she said
(and I quote) “The career forces you, you don't have a choice. It's a matter
of survival.”
 
The sad thing is I totally agree with her, it is the career that forces you to be a more stereotypical male. It is bad enough that I can’t wear skirts but now my attitude and thought process is male too! Geez.

4 Comments:

  • That gender test is cool, but I don't really
    understand the result. It tells me they are
    24% certain I am a man, but that only 8% of
    the participants are more male than I am.
    So they are 24% certain I am 92% male?
    Must...go....to...statistics....lecture...now...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • Anonymous:I took it to mean that they think I am 89% male. I am not sure what the certainity is.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:42 PM  

  • Comment man- I envy people who know what they want to do with their lives now.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 7:43 AM  

  • At least I am more male than you are.
    That means we can still have heterosexual sex.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home