A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Red Neck Woman

I recently heard a country music song called Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson; here is a sample of the lyrics,

Well, I ain't never been the Barbie doll type
No, I can't swig that sweet Champagne, I'd rather drink beer all night
In a tavern or in a honky tonk or on a four-wheel drive tailgate
I've got posters on my wall of Skynyrd, Kid and Strait
Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip
I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
'cause I'm a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raising
I say, 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw'
And I keep my Christmas lights on
On my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me, hell yeah
Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price
And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV
I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me
Well, you might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore
But in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door

I am in a red neck woman kind of mood. I am sick of working with the F & Gs, and I am sick of being an intellectual (which according to Courtney I am). I am also getting a little overwhelmed by all the posturing by people in the DC area. Saturday night as I was waiting for Jean-Marc at Tryst, and I was casually flirted with by a relatively attractive man. However this guy made the obnoxious point of letting me know that he was a foreign journalist recently returned from Afghanistan, which is cool but not the in your face kind of cool that he was flaunting. I mean really this is DC, we all have cool jobs. In fact according to USA today

I have the most prestigious job out there, and frankly I am sick of it! I am going red neck, without the baby on the hip! Are there any places in DC this newly self appointed red neck can hang out?

6 Comments:

  • It is because we are so smart! Wait that can't be right.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:47 PM  

  • Comment Man,

    Stetsons? That sounds promising, big ten beaver hats?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:06 PM  

  • DHD: Not Wednesdays! That is the night I punish myself for drinking too much over the weekend (aka running with Ms. Chung).

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:10 PM  

  • Yes. Frederick.

    By Blogger honeykbee, at 10:06 PM  

  • come with me to york, PA, my dear and then we can have some real fun...yee-haw! but let me get outta kazakhstan first!

    (miss you) :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 AM  

  • Courtney: When are you coming back? It is lonely here without you.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home