A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Dinner and Dancing

Initially I signed up for Salsa dance lessons with Hugh, a very nice and almost normal co-worker. I imagine he did not want it to seem like a “date” so he inquired about asking other co-workers to join us. Now here in the land of freaks and geeks there are very few people that I am willing to spend extra time with, but I am one that never fails at a task and assigned the task of recruiting additional people, I did. I recruited the Bavarian and Night Man to join us, and they are relatively normal. However the men around here are not as sensitive to the nuisances of the freaks and geeks as I am and word got out. We now have 5 freaks and geeks going to Salsa class, with more on the way. On the surface this does not seem all that bad, right? Wrong! The reason I do not do things with the F and Gs is that it is never just Salsa, white water rafting or happy hours, it is so much more. Today after Salsa last night, they all want to practice with me. Hop-hop does not even ask if I will he just demands that I practice with him and eat dinner before or after too. Nose-guy is the same, insisting I help him practice. I already have practice sessions with Hugh, the Bavarian and Night man scheduled. Diplomatically I am attempting to have us all practice together, and then I am not giving any one of them special treatment. So far the diplomatic approach is failing. On the bright side if there are any women out there interested in taking Salsa dance lessons but don't because there were no male partners in the class, that is changing in the DC area, and a few of the possible attendees are great guys (a.k.a. Jean-Marc).

2 Comments:

  • Okay, maybe I am *not* so jealous of you being surrounded by men after all ... :-) (But salsa dancing sounds fun ... one of these days I might be tempted to try it too ...)

    By Blogger dksjdlkjfsaa, at 10:55 AM  

  • Don't be jealous! I had to write a blog just to vent my frustations about all the freaks and geeks in my life.

    Salsa is a riot too. www.joyofmotion.org just released their fall line up.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home