A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Superstar

One of the benefits of being the Queen of the Geeks is that I am like the light in the middle of the night, in the country that attracts insects for hundreds of miles. The insects are all the freaks and geeks that I work with. Last night I went to a salsa dance lesson, and I was accompanied by four of my co-workers, nose guy, hop-hop, the Bavarian and Hugh. I don’t think I could have had a more comical experience if I had gone to a comedy club. It was great! Hop-Hop, who happens to be great athlete, possessed two left feet. He could not dance if his life depended on it. However, Hop-Hop did not want to appear like he could possible fail at anything, so made an extreme effort to move his feet a lot. He was hoping that if he moved his feet enough he would eventually land in the right spot, like dancing might be overcome with the amount of probable step you make. Nose guy was worse. I know as shocking as that might seem, but nose guy was worse. He danced like a soldier that did not know how to count. Fortunately Hugh was fine, having attended a few classes before this one. Lastly, the Bavarian was great. Not a great dancer but a great sport. The Bavarian also has a lot of potential, he picked up the moves very fast, and he could dance to the rhythm of the music. I think I am going to change my BAW, to the Bavarian. We had so much fun, laughing and dancing.

The final highlight of the evening is the rest of the women in the class think I am a superstar. Not only did I convince a man to come to salsa dance class with me I convinced four men to come with me. I was the only woman that brought a man and I brought four men!!!

3 Comments:

  • That's just too funny! Spin Doctor going out with her groupies.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 AM  

  • You are living up to Marlene, I see:

    " Men flock around me
    Like moths around a flame
    And if their wings burn
    I know I'm not to blame"

    Falling in Love Again
    (Friedrich Holländer/
    Marlene Dietrich)

    By Blogger Ellen, at 6:25 PM  

  • Ahem! I like that, you so know who I am. How did that happen?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home