A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, June 30, 2006

One Dollar per Square

I am on the fast track to hell, I know I have said that before but I find myself doing things that are accelerating my decline into the depths of hell even quicker. Let me paint a picture for you guys.

I work in environment totally surrounded by men. There are no women in my immediate area with the exception of my administrative assistant. Granted I am not complaining and even though there are no women in my immediate area there are a lot of women in key management positions all over this place. But I digress, the men around here are varied and entertaining, I will name them accordingly as becomes appropriate. One of the men I work with is a Casanova wannna be. Casanova is constantly talking to the other men about his trials and tribulations in the dating world. For the record Casanova is an attractive man, but not someone you would want to date. Casanova does not treat the women he dates with any respect (he does treat me with respect) but I would never consider a man that I know is disrespectful to women behind their backs as dating material for me.

This is all leading up to me being on the fast track; recently one of my male co-workers has been supplying the rest of us with atomic fireballs (a very hot jaw breaker). I love atomic fireballs and have been consuming them at a rate much higher than the rest of the people around here. Casanova noticed this and made a comment about it. I told him that he should go to Costco/Sam’s Club and get me a huge supply. Now this is where the evilness comes out.

Right after the Sam’s Club comment I went back to my new click of friends and proposed that we put up a betting board to see how long it takes Casanova to actually buy me the fire balls. Initially it was all fun and giggles, but now on the white board in our office we have a huge grid depicting names and dates the cost of entry is $1 per square. In all modesty I picked the square that he actually would not get me the candy. However there was a huge debate over who actually got day one, which is next Wednesday, because the company is giving everyone off until then. We finally decided that day one would cost double.

Before you speculate, Casanova has been really nice to me. He comes over to my cubicle to talk every day; today he came over to show me his new shirt. He also showed me his new Kenneth Cole sunglasses and his shoes he bought in China. Yeah he is trying to get me to notice him but do you really think he will go to Sam’s Club and buy me a huge supply of atomic fireballs? If so it is a $1 per square….

7 Comments:

  • Oh. Deah. Lawd. That is halarious Spinner! Can I take a couple of squares? :D

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:01 AM  

  • I'm proud of you, Little Sister!

    By Blogger Imelda, at 11:33 AM  

  • Joy,
    What day sdo you want?

    Imelda,
    Ah thanks..

    Chit Chat Man,
    I will keep you posted if and when he delivers the candy

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 3:01 PM  

  • To quote one of my favorite Hot Chiks, "That's so mean, it makes me happy!"
    This is sweet retribution on behalf of all the women he's talking crap about and disrespecting in your presence. He deserves to be taken down a notch, and you're just the Hot Chik to do it. I applaud you and your Evil Genius talents. I'll contribute a dollar, just because I love this idea so very very much!

    By Blogger Theresa, at 4:44 PM  

  • I don't find this to be a ticket to Hell. I find it to be funny, therefore you get to go to Funny Heaven with the rest of us who have taken situations and turned them into amusement for us. Nothing wrong with that. Ever.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 4:09 PM  

  • Spinner
    Just sent you an email and so check your email. :)

    By Blogger Joy, at 6:02 PM  

  • Theresa and Zoom,

    It is funny and he does deserve it!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home