A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Blue Monkey

I looked at the picture posted on the Scheherazade project this week and drew a complete blank. I had no idea what to write about and started looking at the other participates to see what they were writing about. Then the idea hit me, why not get a larger sample size? Therefore I decided to put my own Spinner on the Scheherazade project for the week; I am conducting a survey and the question is; “What does the "blue monkey" mean to you?”
I am sampling my current and former co-workers.

New BAW; "Is it a drink?"
My comment; Now I know why I like this guy!

The nut guy; "This must be an age thing."
My comment; Oh shoot me if I ever respond to a question like that!

My 2nd BAW; "Corky Thatcher. whatever happened to that budding talent?"
My comment; Now there is no doubt in my mind why I loved this one, I wonder if I can convince him to be my love slave?

DB;"okay,,blue monkey to me (out of context), i would go with something sexual -- like a nickname for penis. so there, you can bin me in the childish male category"
My comment; Oh he is always good for a laugh! What a team player!


Clint; "A monkey that is painted blue."
My comment; He definitely lacks imagination!

Joey; "Doing more mountain west/east coast test huh? Brass monkey, blue balls....."
My comment; It is so easy to confuse them! It is almost like taking candy from a baby.

The Kid; "It is an animology"
My comment; I had to look this one up, see http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/animology/
I think the Kid is on to something with this one!

I couldn’t stop myself I had to ask Casanova.
Casanova; "I would look it up on the Internet but I am being scrutinized and I am afraid the firewall won’t come up in time."
My comment; No comment necessary!

My 3rd BAW; "Why do I have the feeling that this is headed for your blog???"
My comment; I pick the best BAWs on the planet. I hope my new one is as good as my old ones!

Hop-Hop;"The divine Child, the child that is ever in a state of open-hearted wisdom, innocence, trust, simplicity and joyful wonder."
My comment; I never would have believed it, but I miss hop-hop! What a great sport.

Hugh; "Well of course, the blue monkey...:Blue Monkey (Cercopithecus mitis)"
My comment; Oh so predictable, always the logical scientist! Never one to venture out into the realms of imagination.

7 Comments:

  • Very creative Spinner. I like. I've looked at the S project but am to intimidated to participate in it.
    Everyone's posts have been so good!

    By Blogger Joy, at 4:43 PM  

  • Joy,
    What does the "blue monkey" mean to you? Is a good post? I know you can do better than that!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:58 PM  

  • Blue Monkey.

    You are going to think - have proof, rather - that I am insane, but here goes:

    Blue monkey is the pen ink in the cheap pens at work that never actually write on the paper, but magically deposit ink ALL OVER MY HANDS and sometimes my clothes.

    It's like the monkey on my back, but it's actually all over my hands and it doesn't wash off the first or 4th time you try.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 1:19 AM  

  • This is excellent.
    I was surprised more people didn't use the monkey pic as a metaphor in the first place. The fact that you came at it from the other direction, and asked people to create their own meaning, is brilliant.
    Well done.

    By Blogger Theresa, at 10:11 AM  

  • Zoom,
    Insanity loves company and we could be best friends!

    Theresa,
    You are so nice! I am blushing. Thank you for the praise.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:58 AM  

  • Do you think people will believe that I didn't steal the idea of Blue Monkey being a drink from you? I hope to submit my story tonight, but it needs some editing first.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:34 PM  

  • Naive,
    I don't think people will be confused.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home