A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Installment 1a

Over the next few days the number becomes my salvation, I have made a deal with myself that I will dial the bathroom number before I call him. A hundred times over the first few days I reach for my cell phone yet stopped by the knowledge that just for a second I want to pretend that I am not crazy. That I am not the kind of woman who actually calls a number on a bathroom wall. I am not the crazy woman that stalks her ex-boyfriend. However the reality is that I am that crazy, but slowly my obsession changes from him to the number. By Friday I start questioning the number and its apparent secrecy and yet obviously meant for someone. It was in such an awkward place, surely to be missed by standard cleaning. Perhaps the recipient had not received the number yet, and perhaps they would be looking for it at the bar. In fact it might be tonight and after work I hasten to the bar to stake out the bathroom.

2 Comments:

  • yea more of the story! I'm intrigued as to where you're going with it.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 10:53 AM  

  • I know where I am going with it but I just don't have time to write right now.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home