A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

6 months

Today I have been at this position for 6 months, happy anniversary to me! I still love my job and I still hate the area. I said I was going to give myself and the area 6 months before I decided anything and I am still stuck with indecision. A part of me really wants to live in a more metropolitan area; however there is that part of me that wants to “settle down” in a quiet town where the children can play outside. When I was a child I ranged all over the area, having all sorts of adventures. We built forts and had motor cross tracks and tried to fish in the local water shed with nets. We caught snakes, killed black widows and had great adventures. At one point we even tried to build a fall out shelter (don’t ask).

I used to spend a month every spring in SF, and though I love the city as an adult I would hate the city as a child. There is no where to play, to build forts, to catch snakes, to range where the only danger is from nature. DC is better than SF; it is greener and contains less concrete but still not the best area to play in. All these thoughts are centered on the elusive child idea and I have yet to find someone who I want to have a family with. I am not even sure if I want to have a family. So if I don’t want a family what is keeping me in the middle of nowhere besides a job I love? Oh and that huge signing bonus that I have already spent that I would have to pay back if I leave before 24 months.

4 Comments:

  • I was in DC two weekends ago and I saw a flag football league playing some games along the mall. I thought of you. :)

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:32 PM  

  • Congrats on the six months!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM  

  • Wow, 6 months already...for me too. I wish you liked the area better. Maybe if you stick it out for 18 months more to fulfill your sign on bonus agreement you'll know better what you want? Good luck, sweets.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:52 AM  

  • Joy,
    I miss football so much!!!

    Genius,
    I plan on sticking it out for at least 12 months, after that I can transfer within the company.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home