A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Great Lunch

I am starting to like the middle of nowhere a whole lot more. Today I had lunch with some new people and they were my type of people. I was really starting to believe that there was no one like me out here! The conversation at lunch was laugh out loud funny and full of random crazy stories. I related my Easter story of last year, which was well received.

Easter Sunday (2006) arrived and I was feeling very sorry for myself, with no friends and family around. I did not find eggs in the morning nor was I surprised by an Easter basket when I awoke. Everyone I knew was spending the day with family, while I was completely alone. I tried to surf the net, I tried to read, I cleaned the house to offset how retched I felt. Nothing was working and I was spiraling into increasing bouts of self pity. Then around 1 pm two very hot young men knocked on my door with a small Easter basket and wanting to share their beliefs with me. Now I don’t normally do this, but I was feeling terrible and seriously I was trapped by my own self pity, I really didn’t have a choice.

I stood on the doorstep talking with the young men for about 30 minutes about religion. Thirty minutes stretched on and I invited the men in; now I know something about this particular religion and I knew they were not allowed in my house. I being a woman living alone with no man about the house, but they came in nonetheless. I flirted, argued, tried to convert them, and had a glorious time over the next 2 hours. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was completely entertained by these young men. I drank a couple of glasses of wine, which they politely refused, too. I think I made some serious head way in converting them too. When they left I felt great. I felt like myself again, no more wallowing in self pity, no more lamenting on what I missed, I was great again. I headed out that evening with friends; my only regret was I didn’t pull up my shirt and ask those nice young men what they thought of my girls. Now that would have definitely converted them!

4 Comments:

  • That was funny you shameless hussy!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 8:44 AM  

  • That's awesome. I'm well acquainted with the religion of which you speak, having been brought up in that religion. Sort of. Dad's a different denomination entirely. I am pretty much a heathen these days, but a few of my family is still part of it and most of them would totally crack up at this story. (One or two wouldn't, but you'd dislike them anyway, so who cares)

    Trust me, those boys had a great time too and probably told their version of the story far and wide.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 12:46 PM  

  • Genius,

    I know! I just wish I would have thought of the flashing before they left.

    Izzybella,

    I don't think those boys can tell too many people or they will get sent home.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:51 AM  

  • HA!! Just when I think I know you and getting you figured out...you throw in a loop like this!! ;)

    Glad to hear you've found some new friends you fit in with!! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home