A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, May 14, 2007

Airports Stinks

I don’t have shocking stories to relate from my weekend with Ellen, which is a little surprising. Honestly I was still recovering from the visit last year and I was too afraid to drink that much again. I mean a hang over for 2 days is enough to scare anyone. I did introduce Ellen to pedicures and batting cages.

Did I mention that I hate to fly? People who work in the air transportation industry in general are mean! I can imagine that working in airports is a terrible job and it is difficult not to be a complete jerk to everyone. However I don’t think a few bad travelers is adequate justification to be mean to everyone, or more specifically to me! I have yet to have a positive experience in an airport, the food is horrible, the security ridiculous, the planes too cramped, small and dirty, oh and the babies! I am all for drugging babies on the plane.

Yesterday airport security confiscated my Palmer’s Coconut butter, I tried to explain that it was a solid and did not qualify as a liquid or gel but that just pissed the airport security person off. She also said my mascara was not allowed, again I argued (I am slow learner) that it could not pour. There has to be a better way to travel but I have not figured it out yet.

4 Comments:

  • Oh I pretty much have to agree with you.
    When I traveled to NY 6 weeks ago they had a fit about my tiny little tube of LIP GLOSS!!! Are you kidding me???
    But they put it in a plastic bag for me and that made it all better.... cause if it WAS a bomb, that plastic baggie would stop the explosion ya know! What a joke! *eye roll*

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 8:24 AM  

  • I know! I actually want to smack the think tank that came up with the restrictions, there are also some things they missed but given airport security right now I am not going to make matters worse.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:31 AM  

  • They took your mascara away? Now that's utter BS! I've flown quite a bit in the last six months and security didn't even bat an eye over my mascara or lip gloss. Aren't we allowed liquids under 4 oz. on board? Talk about madness!

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:25 PM  

  • Joy,

    It was because my one quart bag was full and I did not put it in the little plastic bag. They finally let me keep it but it was a HUGE deal.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home