A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day Four

I know I have said this before but I really want to reshape my body and lose 20 pounds and so I am going to track my progress on this blog. The 20 lbs is not as important as the reshaping but I know if I lost the 20 lbs the reshaping would take care of itself. Okay time for honesty here, I am a size 10. A size 10 where everything in a size 10 fits, it doesn’t matter the designer. I can fit into DKNY size 8 pants but that is because they are way oversized, that is true of Ralph Lauren too. I have size 10 pants that are a little tight around the waist too. I don’t want to shock all my readers but I weigh a lot! I am tall but not that tall; I weigh 165 lbs. I get a lot of feed back from my friends that I have serious body issues but they do not know how much I weigh. They do not see me naked and have no idea what flaws I hide with clothing and they are probably just being nice. Also the people who usually tell me that I have body image issues could lose a pound or two in my opinion.

The main motivation for the whole weight loss thing is the river rafting trip less than 4 weeks away and the Hawaii trip 2 weeks after that. I won’t have as many clothes to hide my flaws on the river and the beach. The plan is to eat sensibly and exercise. I have the worst time dieting; seriously I have never successfully dieted. The longest time I have adhered to a diet is 11 days. I am on day 4 of my current diet which consists of no unhealthy snacks, like chips, candy, cakes and such and wow it is hard. No fast food, which is hard too. I am also on day 4 of my exercise program which is running Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, core work Tuesday and Thursday and resting on Saturday. So far the only day I have missed is today but the day is not over yet.

I often wonder how people eat healthy and I also don’t understand not eating. I have heard anorexia explained as a person ability to control what they eat when they can’t control anything else. However I have never been able to control anything, including what I eat and I have no idea how to get that kind of will power. I think it must be something you are born with; don’t misunderstand me I don’t want to be anorexic but a little control would be nice.

3 Comments:

  • Best of luck to ya, girl!! You can do it, I know you can!

    I SO know what you mean... I love love LOVE to excercise/workout and I could do it everyday, all day long but when it comes to food, Lord help me, it's my WORST enemy!! No willpower. None.

    I am a size 8. Last year (March 06) I went on a bigtime weightloss kick... I was a size 10 when I started (I'm 5'0")... In three months I lost 13 lbs. and 16.5 inches and I was a size 6 when I finished (June 06). By December 06 I was back in my 10's....so this past Feb I started it again... I've lost 5 lbs and 8 inches and I'm in size 8. I've decided it will be a lifetime battle as long as food exists. Ha!

    (I don't know how anorexic's do it either, I've often wondered that myself!)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 12:51 PM  

  • I have no will power and determination when it comes to exercising but I have really good intentions, too bad intentions don't count for anything. When I was younger I was always doing some sort of physical activity. I don't know what happened to me. I don't know if I could do it even if I had a trip to Hawaii in the works.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 4:50 PM  

  • Chesney Girl,

    That is great! What did you do? I am hoping for some great (easy) secret to weight loss.

    Genius,

    I actually like exercising which is the only reason I am not the size of a house. I hope that doesn't change with age.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home