A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Silver Lining

I have mentioned that I am playing on an all women’s hockey team and that I am terrible. Actually beyond terrible, I don’t even have the words to convey how bad I am. In fact the coach has turned into his personal mission in life to make me a good hockey player and he seems to miss that I need to actually be able to skate first. He also has missed the fact that I am a very busy person, I travel at least once a month, I play softball, I am the vice-president of the local ladies golf association and I am the mother of a four-legged terror and even though I have sworn off men for the rest of my life I do want a social life. Not the mention ski season is almost here, and skiing is in my top five favorite things to do on the planet. My ice hockey coach wants me to practice every day but enough of this complaining and on to the silver lining in my ice hockey woes.


My all women’s team has a locker room and gearing up and down for hockey requires us to get in various states of undress in front of one another. Silver lining time, I have the best naked body on the team. Yes I said it, and yes it is true and yes it makes me feel great. I know I should not feel so much happiness in having a better body than the twenty something’s but I do. In fact I like it so much that I almost strut around naked, well not really but I don’t try to take off my sports bar underneath my shirt so no one can see my stuff. I get dressed and undressed in the most efficient comfortable way and let the whole locker room see my stuff and I am proud. I feel guilty about my pride but in small way it makes the whole humiliation on the ice a bit better. I wonder if this is how men feel in a locker room when they know their stuff is the biggest in the room.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home