A circle has too much symmetry

Sunday, October 14, 2007

And then you came

And then you came to me. You wanted to take care of me, to love me, to rescue me. I needed to be rescued; I just didn’t know I had to rescue myself. You with your pain free life, your uncomplicated wants and desires, your simple mind and life. I let you love me and you did, completely. I let you take my pain; humiliation, suffering and I gave you all that I had. You took it with a smile; you took it because you got me every minute of the day in return. It was enough for you, it still is.

And time elapsed, and I learned to heal in the safety of your love. I learned my wants and desires in the comfort of your financial embrace. I found myself; all the while you patiently waited. You loved me through the whole process, now matter what hell I put through your way on my road to self-discovery.

And now I don’t need you to rescue me or take care of me. I have discovered how to rescue myself. I have given you so much pain; in the finding of myself I have almost destroyed you. I owe you so much, and yet I can’t stop hurting you. I hurt you because your love is suffocating me. Perhaps if I hurt you enough you will leave, but you are still here. My leaving you might destroy you, and I don’t know if I can do that to you. If I don’t leave you I might destroy me, and I don’t know if I can do that to me.

2 Comments:

  • Sometimes you have to find yourself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

  • Anonymous,

    I am not sure what that means, but thanks.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home