A circle has too much symmetry

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Skinny Jeans

I have been cycling between dieting and exercise since I was 25. I go through spurts, exercising hard for a few months and then slacking for a few months (or more). Needless to say I have been unhappy with my body for a long time. I am currently in the mist of a good run on the exercise front and the whole diet thing. I have been playing a lot of sports and eating less and I am finally seeing the results. Last week I bought work pants and they are a size 8. That is right a size 8, my goal is to wear any size 8 pant comfortably regardless of the designer or style.

The true test was this morning; I brought out my skinny jeans. The jeans I wore when I had no body image issues; the jeans that I couldn’t bring myself to throw away when I started becoming a “big girl”. They are size 7 jean and back in the day they fit me comfortably. This morning for the heck of it I tried them on. I was really nervous when I put the first leg in the pant thinking; oh there goes my self-esteem for the week. I was certain I would not be able to get them over my thunder thighs and even if I did not over my rear but guess what sports fans? I pulled them all the way up! I did not have to lie on the bed or suck it in to zip them up. I did have the whole muffin top thing going on but I was able to put on my size 7 jeans!! I did not wear them because they were too tight around the waist and the fact that they are extremely dated. The waist was much, much higher than I am used to wearing but yes a size 7 jean fit.


It is only a matter of time before I am true size 8 and that size looks great on my 5’9” frame.

6 Comments:

  • Woohoo!
    I don't think I've seen a size 7 since I was 5 yrs old, but good for you.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 1:00 AM  

  • It is all gone. Gained 3 lbs from a weekend of drinking way too much.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:17 AM  

  • As long as you had fun. All things in moderation, or excess, pick one.
    I vote for excess everytime.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 12:08 AM  

  • Good for you!!! :)

    I'm jealous.

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 2:13 PM  

  • Rainwolf,

    I can't say I vote for excess, it is more like embrace it heart, mind and soul.

    Chesney Girl,

    I still have 15 pounds to go and it is hard.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 1:49 PM  

  • Good, job. Sometimes you have to embrace life and all the changes that come with it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home