A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, November 09, 2007

Hey Mama

When did calling a woman mama become a sexual compliment? Like foxy, sexy or even babe (another one I don’t get). I have to say when I am called Mama by some guy I don’t take it as a compliment. The number one reason is that I am not his mother and I don’t want to be. I find it disgusting that a man would look for a mother figure in a mate. That he might consider me as that mother figure totally turns me off. I don’t want to be anyone’s mother; hence I am childless by choice.

The second possibility is that he wants to breed with me, which is also not a great sell. “Hey Mama, I want to knock you up so I can be a dead beat dad.” Seriously where do men come up with this stuff? Now maybe if I was the mother of your children you could call me Mama as term of endearment but trust me some random guy at the club I am not the mother of your children. I absolutely hate being called Mama by some guy; I think it is demeaning and inappropriate. Perhaps men know this and they only want to annoy us with calling “Hey Mama” or they only want women who like the idea of taking care of them to respond.

Note to any guys who reads my blog or randomly comes across this blog, do not call women Mama when trying to be complimentary (unless they are your mother or the mother of your children) because I am sure I speak for the majority here, we DON’T like it.

4 Comments:

  • i agree. i don't get the mama thing either.

    By Blogger soleil, at 1:23 PM  

  • I just want to slap the guy that uses it!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:50 AM  

  • Hear! Hear!!!!

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:18 PM  

  • One of my girlfriends at work calls me mama all the time. And I know she means it as a compliment, and I love her, so I'm not going to ask her why that's supposed to be a compliment!

    By Blogger Faith, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home