A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Weekend ReCap

This weekend was so full of stuff I don’t even know where to begin; well I guess I will start at the beginning with the “date” with the very old man. It started out fine but as the evening progressed the very old man offered up his romantic services to me, if I should feel so inclined. I have to tell you, I can’t even wrap my mind around seeing a man 45 years my senior romantically. I told him such too. The problem is this very conversation was brought up a few years back and I thought my total refusal to even entertain the notion was crystal clear. He is not Hefner, and even if he was I am not a girl next door. All I can say is YUCK!! I think we can maintain our friendship but I really don’t want to send the wrong signals to him. I did tell him there was absolutely no chance that I would be anything more than friends with him. He is older than my grandmother.

The second major event was dancing with the ladies on Saturday night. We went to the “big” city and spent the night. It was mildly amusing and good for my self-esteem. I had the traditional group of spin doc fans hanging out around me all night. I had a few drinks bought for me, but unfortunately I was the only one in the group that received a lot of male attention. The funny thing is I was the one who really didn’t want it. I never want it when I am dancing and I really didn’t want it Saturday night. I also hate it when some random guy comes up behind me and starts grinding on me. In general I don’t even let the man in my life do that; there is no way I am going to let a stranger grind on me. All these men were standing around watching me dancing all night, and watched man after man strike out, and yet they still attempted to grind on me. Perhaps they thought my resistance to the male animal would dim with each rejection and they might be the one that I would let grind on me.

Finally, I have been burning the candle at both ends and in the middle. I really need a weekend all to myself with no social obligations. I would even settle for a few week nights at this point. Oh yeah and I am still sick.

4 Comments:

  • I'm not a grinder either. Ick.

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 1:38 PM  

  • At least not on the dance floor.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 8:49 AM  

  • You know, that's why I hardly ever go clubbing even with the girls. Honest to God, it squicks me out when some stranger tries to grind with me. And worse is when some stranger breathes his god-awful alcohol-laced vomit fumes right in my face. That was really disgusting.

    Hope you feel better, spin.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 10:44 AM  

  • Izzy Bella,

    I love dancing I can't stay away! The good news is techno clubs are about dancing and not a meat market.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home