A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, December 06, 2007

I miss DC

I was in DC earlier this week and I miss the area so much. I miss the people. DC is a city of professionals, all ages, all professions, all sexes and all races. In the middle of nowhere I am surrounded by people who are all the same; they fall into two groups married with children and young. Not just young in age but young in maturity and lifestyle. So I split my time between hanging out with the Kids incorporated and my married with children friends.

I don’t have a single (single) professional friend in my age group. I have fun with the Kids incorporated but I just don’t have that much in common with them. I have fun with MWC friends too but their lives and lifestyles are dominated by their families (as it should be). I was in DC and talked with so many people who are just like me, professionals, single but have lived a bit of life and learned from life’s experiences. It might be time for me to return to a bigger city. I do love my job and at times I like how simple my life is out here but it is also incredibly lonely. What I really need is a good girlfriend that actually has time for me in their life and is physically close.

2 Comments:

  • So move!
    That's one of the nice advantages of being single... you can just do whatever you want, whenever you want without having to consider the lives and thoughts of anyone else.

    ...aaahh, sometimes I miss those days.

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 2:14 PM  

  • I am seriously thinking about it. Either closer to the "big" city here or change jobs.

    I miss being married....

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home