A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, November 26, 2007

Office Furniture




I took the entire Thanksgiving week off of work and one would think I would be totally rested and energized to come back to work. Well one would be wrong to think that. I am going through a major over haul in my life which includes redecorating most of my house. I still have so much to do at home and it is really depressing me that my house is in chaos. Oh and did I mention that I hate shopping which has been a real problem this last week. I spent the greater part of the week shopping, assembling and cleaning my place and still have so much to do.

I bought a new computer desk; when I opened the box I almost broke down and sobbed. The thing had 42 separate pieces, which did not include all the brackets, bolts, screws, nails and cabinet hardware. I have never had to assemble something on my own before and I really did not want to put together the desk. I called every “man” in my life and not a single one was willing to help me assemble the desk. Ten hours, one broken bolt, one smashed finger, one seriously scratched desk (it was really heavy and I dropped it) and all my finger nails broken I put the stupid thing together. I don’t feel empowered. I knew I could do it, I just felt bitter that I had to do it on my own. Assembling that desk without help was almost a deal breaker for me and the people in my life. In fact I am still angry about not having people in my life that I can count on to help me.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home